Touratech Suspension lowering shock (-25 mm) for Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin from 2020 Type Extreme
This shock absorber is perfect for reducing the seat height (-25mm) on the Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin. Your Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin stays well tuned and ideally suited to touring use. This shock absorber is perfectly suited to touring and riding with frequent dramatic changes in loading and riding conditions, and the most extreme demands. The Extreme shock absorber is fitted with a position sensitive damping system (PDS), which utilises a second damping piston to provide hydraulic protection against bottoming out. Even fully laden with luggage under the most extreme off-road conditions, the bike will not bottom out and the shock absorber is protected against mechanical overload. Damping characteristics change depending on the road surface. When riding under most conditions, the shock absorber is comfortably adjusted for a less strenuous ride, before the PDS kicks in for the last portion of the shock absorber stroke.
Most important features:
- The shock absorber is configured on the basis of our experience with the Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin and is set "ready-to-ride".
- Parameters include weight of the vehicle / pivot of the shock absorber / constructional conditions / test rides.
- The shock absorber described here is designed for up to 100 kg weight of the rider including travel luggage.
- The rear and front sections of the motorcycle should be adjusted for all chassis solutions.
- If only one component is changed, optimal handling will not be achieved.
- IMPORTANT: We seriously advise against sliding the fork tubes up in the fork clamp.
This has an extremely adverse effect on the motorbike's handling.
To ensure the parked stability of your Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin after it has been lowered, we recommend using shorter kick stand and/or the centre stand.
Scope of delivery:
- Ready-to-mount shock absorber -25mm
- General Operating License
- Mounting instructions / user manual
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg aditional luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs. Please use our suspension check and send us the completed form.
If you have any further questions, we will be happy to advise you. Contact us.